Friday, April 9, 2010

4/9 Smackdown! Blog - Live

Just to prove I am not half-assing this blog, here is a live Smackdown! report for the last 3/4 as I missed the first quarter :(

- Personally, I think Drew McIntrye has "IT." He reminds me a ton of 1997 Triple H and I dig the non-promo saying the people aren't worth his time.

- Has anyone suffered more from Marty Jannetyism than Matt Hardy. There is no way he EVER gets over like his brother, right?

- That Edge Slim Jim commercial sucks balls. There has never been a good WWE/wrestling commericial, and I am including the new Hogan/Troy Aikman spot in that too.

- Sorry Rey, but you are really one move away from any move.

- That Hart DVD does look badass. I think I might buy it this weekend.

- Regarding those Hart Foundation clips and an earlier post; how can WWE ignore the tag teams so much? Even the talentless New Age Outlaws were making a rack of money 12 years ago. Take a break from the Diva Dress to Impress "match" and write some decent tag team stuff.

- Gotta stop making fun of Swagger's lisp. Did they make fun of how bald Hogan was? Well, not till way later.

- Honest question, if they swapped RAW and Smackdown's timeslots, do you think the ratings would change that much? I am wondering if you put everyone from Smackdown on during the traditional wrestling night of Monday if it wouldn't do just as well.

- When will they shake the Money in the Bank winner taking the cheap way to the championship? It only lasted for like 2 weeks, but I loved when Kennedy won and he said he would cash it in the following Wrestlemania.

- Over/under Edge remaining a face: 3 months. I'll take the under.

- The Jericho/Edge feud should be doing more for me. Take a look at the front row after the spear: nothing. It's a classic kind of feel, just not sure what it is missing. And no, it isn't missing the mention of the word spear.

- OK, triple threat at the PPV? Should be decent way to get Swagger over.

That's all for now. Decent episode but lacked something. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Could Striker be a bigger douche commentator? If I have to hear one more time how Croft and Barreta are a different kind of superstar because they're into social networking and video games, I'm going to puke.

    ReplyDelete