Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Post?!

Hello and welcome to AhmedJohnsonFanClub.com (otherwise known as AJFC for short). This first post is to (a) test the system and (b) let anyone who might read this in the next 24 hours know that I will be posting a retro-blogging review of Wrestlemania 26 tomorrow.

Yes, sadly I am watching it alone in my house, and not even on the big TV. But, this has been a well promoted card and there should be some really good matches and I am excited to be ordering my first Wrestlemania in 6 years.

First thoughts/predictions:

- Being a bigtime mark, I am really interested to see who goes on first. My first guess is either the tag team title match or CM Punk/Rey Mysterio. I am leaning towards Punk and Rey as their match should be pretty good and get the crowd rolling.

- Can anyone remember a time when Triple H and Randy Orton's matches in a big PPV had less heat? Seriously, they spent 3 months hyping HBK/Taker and about 2 weeks for HHH and Sheamus. Also, the Orton/Legacy feud lost all its heat and people are confused by what to think. I can't see Cody Rhodes being around too much longer as far as visibility goes (see Carlito) but Dibiase seems to have something.

- I really want to see HBK go over, but I think Undertaker is going to keep the streak going. No way Shawn is gone for that long and my guess is he will come back by mid-summer in some sort of reinstatement angle. The guy to retire him will be Triple H (and that is the first of many of YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRSTS you'll get on this website.

- One final prediction to keep this short, I am wondering if Christian will win Money in the Bank and then challenege Edge tonight and win. That would be a great way to get Christian over and start a natural feud between the two. Not quite ready to slap the YHIHF tag on it, but you never know...

Anyway, I promised myself I would keep these posts easily digestable so feel free to give your feedback and comments. If your ordering Wrestlemania, enjoy the show and make sure to check back later this week for my notes on the entire event.

- Tessel

1 comment: